- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 limes, juiced (about 2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed (if have whole, toast and then grind)
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, leaves and stems, finely chopped (great flavor in the stems!), about ½ cup
Marinate the steak: Whisk to combine the olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, vinegar, black pepper, and cumin in a large, non-reactive bowl or baking dish. Stir in the minced garlic, jalapeño, and cilantro.
Place the steak in a gallon size bag and then pour marinade over the steak. Give the bag a few shakes and message in the marinade for a moment. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours (if using flank steak marinate at least 3 hours).
Grill 6-8 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the steak and preferred temperature.
Bonus: Do not discard the marinade but instead pour the marinade from the bag into a quart sauce pan and boil/simmer until reduced slightly. Spoon a generous portion on each serving of plated carne asada for an added AMAZING flavor.
Since you've made it this far, sharing this article on your favorite social media network would be highly appreciated 💖! For feedback, please ping me on Twitter.